Many organizations today are looking for ways to improve their impact on the environment.
- Here are some facts you should consider for your printing activity:
- Printing is the fifth largest energy consumer in the world. The energy required to create one ton of paper is the same required to create one ton of iron.
- Printing is the second largest polluter in the U.S. after vehicles pollution.
- 30 % of the trees in the United States are cultivated for the paper industry .
- To produce three pages of A4 size paper manufacturers use one liter of water.
- Black / white toner contains at least six types of material defined as hazardous or toxic especially for water pollution.
The above data shows how printing is a huge consumer of energy and generates a large pollution.
When we print a paper usually we do not think to the impact on the environment, but if you stop for a moment and calculate the quantity of your printing you understand the cumulative damage you generate.
Reducing the consumption of paper and toner leads directly to reducing the damage on the environment.It is important to implement a solution that while does not harm the ongoing activity of the organization at the same time does help the environment.
Companies using the right procedures and software contribute to the environment preservation by reducing paper consumption (thus reducing the use of trees and white material ) and reducing poisoning toner consumption. Those companies that show attention to the environment preservation gain public recognition and praise from shareholders.
It is important to note that no special effort is required to achieve improvement, except for using the right procedures and software.1